Every day I look at my bookshelf and the stack of empty journals just waiting to be used, along with the two sitting on my nightstand begging to be opened. I thought about throwing them out and I’ve told people to stop buying them for me because I don’t use them. Yet, I refuse to give them away because of their beauty.
Oh and I can’t forget about the half empty journals with memories of my summer’s before college and the times I felt so hurt by the father of my child that I couldn’t do anything but write. Like honestly, do I rip out the pages and burn the memories or do I continue to write in them with more consistency?
I’ve been thinking of all the ways I can bring my journals back to life; get them out of their state of loneliness and I believe I’ve found some answers. Check out these ideas that will help put those empty or half empty journals to use:
- Keep it next to your bed and write down every dream you can remember having as soon as you wake up
- Write a sentence a day and see where it takes you. It’s possible you’ll end up with a story at the end
- Make it a budgeting journal. Keep note of all your expenses each month.
- Into cooking or want to keep a track of new/old recipes? Write it down.
- Prayer Journal
- Everyday make a list of what you are grateful for
- Password Journal because if you’re a normal human I know those passwords start to get confusing.
- Use it for your To Do List
- If you tend to travel a lot write about your trips
- A fitness journal – track your progress (weight, recipes, exercises, etc)
- Start a therapy journal
- Write down positive affirmations or quotes daily
& there’s so much more you can use those empty journals for. What do you use your journals for?