How much does the opinions and approvals of someone else really matter to you…? If you had to think about it, you should definitely read this.
What is approval anyway? Why does everyone have an opinion of something when it comes to me? So what someone says, I don’t like how you’re rocking that dress, you should wear heels with it and not sneakers. Whatever!
Here’s 6 reasons why someone else’s approval and opinions of me don’t matter!
- They do not have to walk in my shoes. People are always going to have an opinion about something you say, do or what have you, but at the end of the day, it’s your life that you have to live and not theirs. Period.
- No one can really say what they would do IF they were me. Reality is, they’re not me.
- They wouldn’t do what they’re telling me to do. Many times people give advice to others but wouldn’t do the same if it were them, as a matter of fact, they wouldn’t even be open to opinions of others. It’s easier to tell someone else to do something than to actually do it themselves. Why? Because they know they wouldn’t really take those kind of chances. For instance a husband cheated on his wife and all her girlfriends are like “Girl you crazy, I wouldn’t put up with that” “You need to leave his a$$” “It wouldn’t be me”
Truth is, these women wouldn’t really leave their mates and they have probably done worse. Best thing is, keep your business to yourself as far as friends and family go because they’re gonna always have the best solution for you and your situation.
- Deep down we know what we want or need to do so do it! Go with your gut (or intuition) ladies. I know for me, almost every time I go against it, it doesn’t work out for me. So listen to your intuition, that’s why we have it!
- Those “friends” giving me an approval when their stuff probably raggedy itself. This one you have to be careful of. Sometimes other people are so miserable about their own lives that they want others to be the same so they give you bad advice on purpose or they say they don’t like something because they can’t have it too. And yes, ladies, some of them “so called” girlfriends are undercover jealous of you. So because of that, be mindful of who you speak to. Everyone doesn’t want to see you succeed, be happy or loved.
- Too many opinions will have me confused. Confusion leads to making wrong choices. I’m just saying.
So no matter what, someone in our lives is always going to have an opinion about something; from the style of your hair to the choice in a mate. It’s up to you how much you allow the approval, perspectives, and opinions of others to affect your life. You know who you are, what you like, what you want and what you need, don’t let others decide that for you.
When you love you, you don’t need the approval of others.
Sometimes we get lost in a society of what’s acceptable or normal and that’s what it suppose to be, right?! Not hardly. Nothing wrong with being different and being yourself. When you love you and you know who you are, then that’s what it is.
Happy Healthy Living,