So as some of you all know, I do not like to spend money on unnecessary things and I’m finding more things to be unnecessary expenses that I don’t need. So I would like to share some things I no longer spend my hard earned coins on in hopes that it can also help those of you that are looking for more ways to save as well. So, here we go.
- Hair Products — this one took me a while to finally get. I was a product junkie and guess what? I finally realized that there is no magic product to make my hair do whatever I thought it was supposed to do based off the claims from some of these companies. When it all comes down to it, it’s about how I care for my hair and less about the products I put in it. Some people swear by certain products and that’s ok but it’s not for me, therefore, bye bye to the expensive products I’ve bought. The only thing that was changing was the dollars in my pocket and I mean that literally. Dollars were turning into cents, smh!
- Bottled water — So this one is actually a toss up and some people prefer it and that’s fine. I actually don’t buy it for myself but my daughter drinks it so I buy it for her. I have a filter on my refrigerator and that is where I get my water to drink from. Now sometimes if you’re out it might be ok to have, but, I’m home most times so I just drink from the fridge and I’m good with that. Besides I can always put water in a bottle from my fridge too when I’m going out.
- Phone chargers — This one sounds really weird, I know, but check it out; I used to go through a lot of chargers every year until I learned why they would go out and what to do to fix it. My chargers would act up after moving them around too much, what I mean by this is that I would bring my one and only charger from the house to the car to work and anywhere else I would have to go, even letting my daughter borrow it and after so much plugging in and plugging out and going back and forth it wouldn’t work. One day I bought one for home, one for the car and one for work and they stayed at each of these places. I also bought my daughter her own so she doesn’t need to borrow mine.
- Car loan interest — I have bought my last few cars brand new and I haven’t always received the interest rate I wanted to when first getting the loan but about three to six months into the loan it’s good to refinance to get a cheaper interest rate and save the money you would have otherwise spent on the initial interest rate over the period of the loan.
- In season or new items — I don’t buy the “latest” of anything, I never really have. I wait until the season is over to buy something I may have wanted to buy because chances are it’s going for a better price now that it’s novelty of “newness” has worn off. I do this with just about everything, except food, of course.
So ladies, the next time you get that bonus check or overtime money you worked so hard for, try to save it and put it to good use. I hope this list helps you spend your coins more wisely.
Happy Healthy Living,