It’s crazy that as children we seem to have our whole lives planned out in extraordinary detail:
- The exact car we’ll drive
- The college we’ll graduate from
- When, where and how we meet the man we’ll marry
- Our dream career that will be handed to us on a platter
- The gated community we’ll live in
- The dog
- The number of children we’ll have and their gender
We have this great life planned and it’s all supposed to happen by the age of 25. BUT what happens when 25 hits and you have only accomplished one or two things on that list and the rest hasn’t fallen into place and you don’t see it happening anytime soon, what do you do?
I’ll tell you what not to do… Don’t get down on yourself and feel like you’ve failed because as long as you’re alive there’s time to do everything you’ve every wanted to. Why let the dreams you had as a child die because you’ve reached a certain age? There’s no reason to. Some of the most successful people in the world have failed time after time and no matter how many times they took a loss they didn’t give up until they won and then won again.
If I based my success off my current age I wouldn’t be considered successful to most people: